A new entrant in the GTB Nagar market/ Hudson lane where so many cafes lined up .Located at a distance of 5 minutes walk from the GTB Nagar Metro station(Yellow Line) Next to vishwavidyalaya metro station ,this bistro which means (a small, inexpensive restaurant) full name The University Bistro is very easily accessible. The University is a place where some find Unity and Diversity. But this place is a perfect example for Unity in diversity because you w’ll find Continental, Mediterranean, Mexican and Italian at one place. This place was home to ‘Sparrows’ before, but they already flew to the sky.
The décor is very quirky and will specifically appeal to the student crowd. The ambiance is quite impressive and different from surrounding cafes.Each booth is decorated with different themes which included music, politics, backpackers/Travelling and sports which quite appeal the moment you enter.
Things what I had there were:
* Moctails: Midnight Moon, Italian Smooch, TUB Delight Green Apple and Cucumber Cola. All of them were tasted really good,served in mason jars makes them more pretty.Green Apple and Cucumber Cola was one of the finest mocktails.Never thought cucumber can be so useful not only in salad but also for mockatails . First time ever tried a cucumber based mocktail, which I highly recommend.
* Soups: Tried Mushroom Cappuccino and Chicken Al Khadur. The very first thing which attracts, the moment they serve soup is their unique style of presentation. Soups they serve in a vessel which had candle burning underneath, this keeps your soup warm till your last sip.Such a caring heart they have and the soups itself were quite well prepared,my favourite was Chicken Al Khadur,absolutely loved the flavours.
* falafel with Hummus & Pickle, only in 75 bugs they serve one of the finest Hummus.
* stuffed mushrooms which has herbs and cheese stuffed with mushroom, frankly not a big fan of mushroom, but this style of mushroom, is quite different which I loved it .
* Classic Chicken Burger A perfect burger filled with two patties alongwith Iceberg, Onion, Tomato and cheese and served with cocktail sauce and nachos.
* Special baked nachos which were very cheesy and tasty Nachos and was very good in quantity and quality as well.
* Crispy chicken wings with Chipotle sauce
* Pizza called the wellington pizza which was like a roll/wrap, very experimental cusine and a quite different way to have, if you are bored with same style pizza everywhere.
* Arancini, so it sounds different and taste even, it is basically alborio rice balls which are stuffed with 4 different types of Cheese inside and served with sauce. This is a must try whenever you hit this place.
* Nonna’s Meat Balls,which they bake with mozzerella cheese, the lamb meal balls itself were nicely cooked and were coated with a layer of cheese on top as well.
* Chicken Salami Pizza and Veg Exotic Pizza and both of them were really good.
* Choco Flakes Waffles, the waffles were perfectly cooked and wasn’t overly sweet, which is the best part.
* Coconut Crusted fried ice cream with chocolate sauce and choco fudge brownie with vanila ice cream both were a superb desert to end the complete meal.
Overall a great place to hangout with very reasonable pricing won’t cause you much damage and hospitality offered by warm staff. To conclude in one sentence all in all visit to this bistro is a mustand to Mr. Siddharth Bhan Gupta what I realized after knowing you Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.God Bless you and your team of TUB.