In the lanes of Rajouri Garden, the new hub of modern cafés and restaurants, The Common Room which is located in Rajouri Garden along with so many neighboring restaurants. located on 2nd floor. The place is not too big but the way the things are organised like funny life quotes neatly framed and hung on every wall and screams of book shelves with books ranging from malgudi days to all the favorite comics and miniatures of bike, cameras makes it more lively.
It is divided into two sections -smoking(outside) which allows you to enjoy a view from their small balcony and non smoking zone(inside).
The food here is quite good in quality & quantity, atleast most of what I had was.
Extracts from my Experience :
– keema pao: It was mutton mince with buttered bun and roasted chilli chutney. A must starter to try out there.
– kung fu cigars: Kind of springrolls but they were crispy small rolls served with superb chilly plum sauce.
– Caesar Chicken Pizza : The thin crust,hand tossed,Quite Simple but topping of a salad makes it Super delicious,an amazing idea I must say because of this combination.
– Chilly Paneer: Mowglee ka Chilly Paneer as per menu Served in small karahi,tossed in veggies with good amount of spices, makes it good to order.
– Fish Fingers: Fresh fish fingers Served with a mayo-cream based dip/tartare sauce, they were light caz not being deep-fried and were perfectly cooked.
– Dimsums: Tandoori Chicken dimsum /Bruclee ke tandoori dimsum as per the menu , filled with minced chicken and covered with a paste before putting them in the tandoor. Less of spice and Perfectly cooked.
– chocolate fudge brownie shake: Superb and the one of the best shakes have had from the last couple of months.
– alfonso twist: cocktail of orange juice base
– virgin mojito
In Main course had Delicious Butter Chicken, Daal Makhni & Panner Lababdar with tandori Roti & Naans.
From the Sweet shop of menu: had Back benchers Chocolate brownie with vanila ice cream,dipped with hot chocolate sauce. While writing I still can feel the lovely taste.Highly recommends
And this is how I completed my meal in my common room. Overall a good place to relax,and a great happening place to chill out with friends and family. Good Music, Amazing ambiance and appreciable service makes this room The Common Room a Must visit place.