Asian Hawkers Market returns with its second edition
Where: Select Citywalk, Saket
When: February 12-14’ 2016
When it comes to food and culinary experimentation, Delhi has always been a favorite spot for chefs. A true and real to this fact is the Asian Hawkers Market, a first-of-its-kind celebration of diverse cuisines from the Far East and South-East Asia (Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam). AFTER attracting more than 45,000 visitors in Oct. 2015.
The Asian Hawkers Market is back with a bigger and spicier second edition . This is a only kind of a food festival which is bringing a confluence of South Asian delicacies and with it’s second edition. To the best of my knowledge the second edition is definitely larger not just in terms of dishes but also in terms of participating restaurants this time.The food haven experienced the cuisines of Far East and South-East Asia,all in around 125 dishes from 32 different restaurants.This fest exhibited stalls from some of the most famous eating joints in the capital city.Not only that Veeba Food Services Pvt. Ltd,and online restaurant booking and food ordering application (app) firm Zomato came up with their intresting stalls and associated this time with Asian hawkers market II.
What I came across Out of many different options available was:
* Honk which is at Pullman-Novotel, New Delhi Aerocity.
* The Bento Café from the creator of The Wine Company
* depaul’s which is so old , popular and famous for itz coffee.
* Latest recipe by le meridian, serving so different unique types of dim sums
* Tasted some of the unique dishes as well like Sichuan dosas, Chinese bhel and chilli idlis.
* Chi The Asian Cookhouse,one of my all time favorite spot, a few months before I had a foodies meet up also there with my friends of around 35
* Sugarama patisserie, had pina colada and macrons, so lovely it tastes.
* Neung Roi which is located at Radisson Blu Plaza had some pasta and thai curry with rice.
* Social (Chinese takeaway boxes)
* Big Wong by 50 shades of wong, loved their chicken dim sums
* The Fatty Bao – Had Cottage Cheese, Mushroom And Chicken Bao.
From the regular to the exquisite, there was something for everyone. Besides food, there was live music, concerts by Indian bands.
In nutshell the event was not only be a unique experience for me and other Delhiites but also was a unique platform for like minded people and professionals to sit together and discover new delicacies.
I request Mr. Atul Sikand, Mr. Sourish Bhattacharyya, Mr. Sid Mathur and Mr. Tanveer Kwatra, and looking forward for Asian Hawkers Market III.